Fatal Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fatal Guild Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WoWJuJu Rep Calculator
Latest topics
» Return of the Paladin
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2016, 10:16 pm by marquinhos

» where is everyone?
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:01 pm by Taki

» Firelands 10 - Majordomo Staghelm - 26th September 2011
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:34 pm by Vandit

» Firelands 10 - Alyrazor - 21st September 2011
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:32 pm by Vandit

» Firelands 10 - Baleroc - 21st September 2011
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:28 pm by Vandit

» Firelands 10 - Beth'tilac - 30th August 2011
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 12:48 am by Vandit

» Firelands 10 - Lord Ryolith - 10th August 2011
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:29 pm by Vandit

» Firelands 10 - Shannox - 27th July 2011
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 9:29 pm by Hammerfell

» BWD 10 - Nefarian - 11th July 2011
Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm by tfear

Dougie's Application

Go down 
+2
Trifect
Dougaden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougaden

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Dougie's Application Empty
PostSubject: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:33 pm

Character Name: Dougaden
Level: 80
Class: Druid
Spec: Main Spec = Tank, Offspec = Healer
Time Played:

Alt Characters & Levels: Dougdeath 80 DK, Ayden 80 hunter, Thelock 80 warlock (Horde)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Male/Female: Male

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Professions (inc levels): LW 450 + JC 450
Secondary Professions (inc levels): All 450
Any Notable Recipes, Patterns etc:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only for the character you are applying with and only completed at the appropriate level that matches the instance level, ie. Black Wing Lair @ 60 / Black Temple @ 70 / Naxx @ 60 or 80 etc.

Vanilla WoW 1.0+ : Did not start playing till late in vanilla WoW

The Burning Crusade 2.0+ : Kharazan, Gruul's

Wrath of the Lich King 3.0+ : Done Naxx 10, some ulduar 10, TOC 10, VoA , Malagyos, Ony and OS 10 man ,

-Is there any other raid experience on alt characters you think is worth noting? Been a casual player with the alts so not done a lot of raiding with them

-What is your attitude towards raiding? This includes signing up, preparation and during a raid: Well signing up is a must so it can be planned which players will be going for the nights raiding, I like to be prepared fully when Raiding, this includes flask, food, scrolls, reagents,
Well during the raid 100% concentration at the job at hand good communcation is a must also,

-What is your attitude towards 'l00t'?: Loot is great but not the end of the world, having and downing new bosses is a better buzz, if I get loot great if dont then there is always next time

(The majority of Fatal's raids begin at 8pm Game Time and finish at 12am)

Monday: Yes
Tuesday: Yes
Wednesday: Yes
Thursday: Yes
Friday: Yes
Saturday: Yes
Sunday: Yes

-Anything else we should note? eg. Do you work alternating work shifts/times, have you any lengthy important AFK’s in the near future?: Not at all

-Are you available to extend past our 12am raid time if an important boss be close to being killed or we are near a full clear of an instance?: Yes

Armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Dougaden
beimba (http://be.imba.hu):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you read up about your class for improvements? For eg. which websites would you use? I don't i have met alot of people (droods in good Guilds ) in wow who i speak to alot and i ask them when i'm not to sure about something

How did you hear about Fatal?
A few RL friends have be in Fatal for over a year now & several I have met whilst playing the game /wave. Thought it would be nice to join them again and also meet up with some new folks, Also have not raided in a while so thought it would be an ideal place due to the raiding schedule that you have

What are you looking for when joining a new guild like Fatal? Fun, Friendship, laughs. with the casual raiding ascpect is very appealing to me as a player

Previous Guilds: Horde ( The Consul ) Alliance ( Fearless Followers )

Reason for leaving the most recent guild you were a member of: Horde only a casual player on this char, so took the char out of the guild when coming back to the alliance
Allaince (FF) Most of the player's joined with a guild called fatal Razz Still have most of my alts in that guild

-Anything else you would like to add to your application regarding yourself and World of Warcraft? Well I have bewn playing WoW for some time now and i've never really looked back i have met some good people when playing the game and this is one of the reasons i enjoy the game so much, I used to be in Fearless Followers which joined fatal just over a year ago,

-Anything else you would like to add to your application regarding yourself? I like playing Call of duty also, ( you can blame Vic and Narcy for that) Razz Also a big listener of music and like Extreme Sports Smile Thx for reading

Last edited by Dougaden on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:45 pm

Woot!!!! So glad to see this post, great to see you applying for Fatal mate,

My fav big cuddly bear Very Happy

Good luck with the application mate
Back to top Go down
Trifect

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:50 pm

A feral druid applying?
Thank the Lord for THAT! cheers
Back to top Go down
Taar

Taar

Number of posts : 1923
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 3:28 am

Hello Doug, thanks for applying to Fatal ,
nice application.
the officers will discuss your application and get back to you as soon as possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 3:26 pm

DOUG!!! ya big fat shite!! lol

nice one for applying, would be good to have you on board
Back to top Go down
Vandit

Vandit

Number of posts : 3087

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 5:20 pm

Hey Doug, I was unsure weather you were going to apply on your DK at first but glad to see its your Druid Wink

Our ultimate goal weather it be for Icecrown or Cataclysm is to fill this troublesome '3rd tank' spot. This has been filled...then made vacant...about 6 times since WotLK was released but we've been fortunate due to off-spec members ‘filling in’ when needed.

First I guess we better explain the situation regarding 'Tanks' and our current raid instance. In short, it turns out this is a 2 tank instance would you believe it. Other than the first 2 bosses which are relatively easy, most of the remainder requires just 2 tanks.
You could argue that using off-spec DPS'ers is actually perfect for us because other than helping on the first 2 bosses it means we have an extra DPS'er once the players work is done tanking the early portion of the instance.

A quick recap:

1. Lord Marrogar (3-Tanks)
2. Lady Deathwhisper (3-Tanks)
3. Gunship Battle (2-Tanks)
4. Deathbringer Saurfang (2-Tanks)
5. Festergut (2-Tanks)
6. Rotface (2-Tanks)
7. Proffessor Putricide (3-Tanks)
8. Blood Council (2-Tanks + Ranged Tank) A DK works well as the ranged tank, unsure about a Druid at this point.
9. Blood Queen (1 Tank)
10. Valithria Dreamwalker (2-Tanks) A 3rd would be helpful while learning however.
11. Sindragosa (1-2 Tanks)
12. Lich King (2-Tanks)

Due to the high DPS required for all these bosses we have been using a DPS’er with an off-spec like mentioned above….

….however this isn’t ideal in the long term and who knows what Cataclysm has in store for us.

We need a third tank ultimately but we also need at present a tank that can switch to a DPS role (preferably Kitty form) for a lot of the current content. Our current DPS ranges from roughly 6k to 9k per member.

I guess the question is, would you mind stepping into the role we need for our current campaign in Icecrown (Tank/DPS) and how good is your gear for DPS?
We don’t always fill raids so there should be opportunity to upgrade your gear if you feel it’s not at a good standard yet to reach 6k+.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: dougs tankin   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 5:28 pm

This is a post for officers to read and for consideration, obviously i spend a fair bit of time on ts2 with Doug but i want all to know this is an un-biased post and my honest opinion as a Tank.

Last night we did an ic 10man run, we were short a tank so doug stepped in, his first time in the place and with gear below toc level.
the raid was very successful clearing the first wing and the plague bosses with a few tries on the proff which on our 3rd and final attempt saw a trip into the realms of 65% odd Smile

i lead the raid and only had to explain each fight once to doug which made things go smooth and quick, he was quick to adapt when things went wrong and showed a very high level of tanking skill. needless to say i was impressed.

concerning off specs etc and the need for dps like has been posted by Vandit. i think it would be very useful to have a druid with Doug's current tank spec, its not a cookie cutter build but it stills allows him to be effect as a main tank (he tank festergut when the fatty is all buffed up Shocked ) while allowing him fairly competitive dps in cat from.

anyway hope this helps, and thanks to Doug for last night Smile

(apologies if this should of been posted in a less public place but move if u want Smile)
Back to top Go down
Dougaden

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 6:59 pm

thx all for the nicewords Smile

I would love to give it a go if you'll have me yeah Smile

I am working on my DPS gear, tho its really not that different to tanking gear really couple of gems, trinkets and neck maybe so yeah up for giving it a go.
Back to top Go down
Wierdos

Wierdos

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 7:51 pm

heya paulio !!!!!!
nice to see you join this Great Guild finally!
GL with gearing you dps stuff and stuff and o yea a tip because i know how you where in TBC Read your spells and it will be all good!
Back to top Go down
https://fatal.darkbb.com
Juanpa

Juanpa

Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 8:19 pm

The hunter community will welcome you and your crit buff, GL with ur application
Back to top Go down
Vandit

Vandit

Number of posts : 3087

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 7:27 pm

We need to speak about your specs but in the meantime we have a spot available tonight if you'd like to come so we can see you in a 25-man raid enviroment.

Obviously it would be insteresting to see where your DPS is at with 25-man raid buffs also Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dougie's Application   Dougie's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dougie's Application
Page 1 of 1